Monday, December 7, 2009

Gingerbread Loaf

I made this last week and it came out FANTASTIC. We love it. It’s the first gingerbread I’ve done from scratch and I’m so happy with it. I got it from a magazine called Quick Cooking.

Gingerbread Loaf

4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 ¼ tsp ground cloves
1 ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup maple syrup
2 tblsp vegetable oil

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, syrup and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thin). Pour into two greased 9x5 x3 inch loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 min. before removing to wire racks.

2 comments:

  1. It's like you've been reading my mind (which doesn't surprise me in the least)! I was telling Tom this afternoon that I was going to have to figure out how to make gingerbread soon. He, of course, assumed I meant the cookies and got all excited but THIS is what I was talking about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fallen in love with ginger recently. This just might be the one to fall back in love with me. Karen is going to yell at me for this.

    Your gingerbread sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete