Monday, December 21, 2009

Pistachio Loaves

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to make some loaves for us to nibble on. I decided on Pistachio Loaves (mini) and a Lemon Loaf (regular sized). I have made these several times, but for some reason, this time two of the pistachio loaves stuck in the pan and one fell on the floor when I was karate chopping it out and one just broke into pieces. Great. It's a delicious and easy (when they come out of the pan) recipe, though, and I love having it around.

Pistachio Loaves

1 package yellow cake mix
1 pistachio instant pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3 tblsp brown sugar
2/12 tsp cinnamon

Combine cake and pudding mix. Add sour cream, eggs, oil, and water. Beat until blended. Pour into loaf pans (5). Combine pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 min. Cool 10 min before removing to wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment