Monday, December 7, 2009

Menus and Planning

For the past few months, I've been practicing monthly menus. We spend WAY too much money on groceries and household items (i.e. the stuff from Walmart and Target) and so i'm trying to make sure eating out is NOT the norm. I'm not saying it is working, but at least it's fun.

I have an excel spreadsheet that I use and I list out the activities for the month and then the meals I've planned. I try to do 2 new recipes a week and then 2 tried-and-true recipes and then 2 staples (hot dogs, burgers, spaghetti).

For the recipes for things, I link my Excel spreadsheet to OneNote, where I keep the actual recipes. That way, I just click each day to see what I'm making and how to make it. For the common ones, I have them on recipe cards, which is the plan for all of them. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment